Night reindeer sledding with dinner and chance of Northern LightsAddress: 9008 Tromsø Date: Monday 16 nov 2020 - Sunday 11 Apr 2021 Show map
Address: 9008 Tromsø
This tour is conducted by Tromsø Arctic Reindeer Experience. Walk among 300 reindeer before a 15-20 minute sleigh ride. Enter a candlelit Gamme to enjoy a three-course meal followed by joik, Sami history and stories.
You also might be lucky and see the Northern Lights.
The itinerary would be:
- 6pm (18:00): Pick up from Radisson Blu Hotel in Tromsø and 25 minutes drive to Reindeer Camp
- 6.30pm (18:30): Arrive at Camp and feeding of wild reindeer and walk around the camp followed by a reindeer sledding ride (approximately 15-20 minutes)
- 7.30pm (19:30) Hot drinks (tea, coffee, hot chocolate) around the fire inside a warm candle lit gamme (Traditional Sami Hut).
- A cold smoked salmon starter, followed by a bidos and Sami bread (a vegetarian option is also possible)
- Chocolate cake and blue berry dessert while listening to storytelling of Sami Culture and how it is to be a reindeer herder
- A joik performance (traditional Sami folk song)
- Guests will have the opportunity to be outside and try to see the Northern Lights.
- Back to the city center around 10.30pm (22:30)
Included: guide, transfer (approximately 25 minutes each way), reindeer sled-ride (ca. 15-20 minutes), hot drinks, three course meal, joik, blankets
Please bring: Warm clothes (at least two layers), gloves and hat, good winter boots.
Departure time and place: 6pm (18:00) from outside of Radisson Blu Hotel
Duration: 4,5 hours
Number of participants: 1-50
Level of difficulty: easy
We are always ready to help as much as we can with any restrictions or disabilities our guests might have to make sure all our guests can participate in all activities.
Book now - choose start date and product
About this activity
Phone booking+47 983 13 038
Contact person email
FacilitiesGroups Disability-friendly Family-friendly Guide Toilet facilities on bus
Eat & Drink on siteTea/coffee/biscuit included Meal included
Other needsFacilities for disabled Vegetarian Vegan
Price from1790 NOK
Price informationper person Adult NOK 1790 / Child 0-5 years old NOK 0 / Child 6-15 years old NOK 995
In the nearby area
Scandic IshavshotelAccommodation, Hotels and guesthouses, Arctic Meetings, Exhibition69 mFull service hotel in downtown Tromsø
Scandic Grand TromsøAccommodation, Hotels and guesthouses, Visit Norway, Listings289 mWith "A heart for the city", Scandic Grand Tromso is located in Storgata with...
Volda Floating HomeAccommodation, Rooms and apartments, Adventure accommodation9.7 kmLooking for a unique living experience? Volda Floating Home gives you a rare ...
Polar CabinAccommodation, Cottages & Holiday Houses, Adventure accommodation, Holiday homes and cabins17.4 kmPolar Cabin offers self-catering accommodation and activities in a spectacula...