Reindeer Sledding with Sami Culture - Tromsø LaplandDate: Thursday 1 nov 2018 - Sunday 31 Mar 2019 Show map
Try reindeer sledding, the oldest form of transport in the north, with authentic Sami guides from the family-run company Tromsø Lapland. During your visit you will also experience feeding the reindeer, Sami food, storytelling, cultural artifacts and joik.
Enjoy the peace and quiet from the nature around as you relax on the gently reindeer-pulled sled.
Allow yourself to become one with nature and replenish your mind and soul on your daytime outdoor excursion with us. The camp is established and run by authentic Sami people with long reindeer herding traditions.
You will get up-close and personal with our beautiful animals as you allow them to take you floating across the snowy landscape. Our expert guides will inform you of the ancient lifestyles of reindeer herders, as you explore the land in the same way they have for centuries. By taking part in this daytime excursion we hope you will be charmed by the fascinating reindeer and find that you love our gentle but curious and furry creatures just like we do - Our true hero in the Arctic.
* If conditions change, we keep the right to amend the duration of the reindeer sledding.
* All animals used for these services are trained for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others.
* The sledding takes place as a "raid" where each reindeer and sled are bound together in a long row with the lead reindeer in the front.
* Sleds are shared, two participants on one sled.
* Alternative: The Reindeer Sledding is subject to snow and when there is not enough snow we offer Reindeer Feeding and Sami Culture instead (NOK 995 per person)
Number of participants: 2-36
Level of difficulty: Easy / Family.
Not suitable for wheel-chair.
Duration: 4-5 hours
• Scenic transfers (45 min each way)
• Knowledgable English-speaking Sami guide
• Thermal winter suit, warm boots, hat and mittens
• Reindeer sledding (approx. 25-30 min)
• Storytelling and joik
• Hot traditional Sami meal (bidos) and hot drinks. Vegetarian option available on request.
What to bring:
Latest meeting time and place: 09:50 (9.50am) at Radisson Blu Hotel, Sjøgata 7
Departure time and place: 10:00 (10am) from Radisson Blu Hotel
After getting picked up at the departure location you will head on to the scenic landscapes at the edge of Tromsø, almost 50 km from the city centre. This mountainous area close to the Lyngen Alps is home to magnificent coastal sceneries and idyllic villages.
Book now - choose start date and product
About this activity
Tromsø Tourist Information Office 0.1 km
Tromsø Airport 4 km
In the nearby area
Puppy Training – Tromsø VillmarkssenterSee & Do, Activities Summer, Dog-related tours, Husky Visit, Hiking, Visit Norway, Listings, Family Fun, Family Activities, The Great Outdoors, Summer Activities0 mFrom 990 NOKJoin in on the most fun part of our job and help take our little puppies out ...
Hiking with Huskies - Tromsø VillmarkssenterSee & Do, Activities Summer, Dog-related tours, Hiking, Hiking, Easy hikes, Visit Norway, Listings, Family Fun, Family Activities, The Great Outdoors, Summer Activities0 mFrom 990 NOKIf you love dogs and the life outdoors, experiencing the arctic nature with a...
Reindeer Sledding, Reindeer Feeding and Sami Culture - Tromsø Arctic ReindeerSee & Do, Activities Winter, Sami Experiences, Reindeer Sledding1 mFrom 1 590 NOKJoin Sami guides for an unforgettable experience of reindeer sledding (2 to 2...
Reindeer Feeding and Sami History – Tromsø Arctic ReindeerSee & Do, Activities Winter, Sami Experiences, Other Sami Experiences1 mFrom 1 090 NOKJoin Sami guides for an unforgettable reindeer experience. After a 25-minute ...
One Day of Active Dog Sledding – Active TromsøSee & Do, Activities Winter, Dog Sledding, Expeditions0 mFrom 1 400 NOKExperience the most beautiful adventure in the fairytale Arctic wilderness. B...
Sami Culture and Feeding the Reindeer – Tromsø LaplandSee & Do, Activities Summer, City & Culture, Visit My Home, Sami Experiences0 mFrom 790 NOKVisit us and our reindeer at Tromsø Lapland camp. You will meet an authentic ...