Reindeer Sledding and Northern Lights – Tromsø LaplandDate: Thursday 1 nov 2018 - Sunday 31 Mar 2019 Show map
Try reindeer sledding, the oldest means of transportation in the north, with authentic Sami guides from the small family-run company Tromsø Lapland - while you look out for the Northern Lights at the same time.
Enjoy the peace and quiet from the nature around as you relax on the gently reindeer-pulled sled. Imagine if you are lucky to witness the Aurora borealis dancing above while sitting on a sled behind a qute, furry reindeer. According to Sami people, the northern lights have a sound. Sit quiet and listen - maybe you can hear it too! The natural wonders can sometimes be predicted but never guaranteed. The lack of urban light pollution allows you to thoroughly enjoy the splendors of the night sky.
After the sledding adventure you can enjoy a traditional hot Sami meal, see and learn about Sami artifacts and hear stories and joik (traditional Sami chanting). The camp is established and run by only authentic Sami people with long reindeer herding traditions. By taking part in this evening excursion we hope you will be charmed by the fascinating reindeer and find that you love our gentle but curious creatures just like we do - Our true hero in the Arctic.
* If conditions change, we keep the right to amend the duration of the reindeer sledding.
* All animals used for these services are trained for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others.
* The sledding takes place as a "raid" where each reindeer and sled are bound together in a long row with the lead reindeer in the front.
* Sleds are shared, two participants on one sled.
* Alternative: The Reindeer Sledding is subject to snow and when there is not enough snow we offer Reindeer Feeding and Sami Culture instead (NOK 995 per person)
Number of participants: 2-32
Not suitable for wheel-chair.
Duration: 4-5 hours
• Scenic transfers (45 min each way)
• Knowledgable English-speaking Sami guide
• Thermal winter suit, warm boots, hat and mittens
• Reindeer sledding (approx. 25-30 min)
• Storytelling and joik
• Hot traditional Sami meal (bidos) and hot drinks. Vegetarian option available on request.
What to bring:
Latest meeting time and place: 17:50 (5.50pm) at Radisson BLU Hotel, Sjøgata 7
Departure time and place: 18:00 (6pm) from Radisson BLU Hotel
21 – 31 March
Meeting time and place: 18:50 (6.50pm) at Radisson BLU Hotel
Departure time and place: 19:00 (7pm) from Radisson BLU Hotel
After getting picked up at the departure location you will head on to the scenic landscapes at the edge of Tromsø, almost 50 km from the city centre. This mountainous area close to the Lyngen Alps is home to magnificent coastal sceneries and idyllic villages.
Book now - choose start date and product
About this activity
Tromsø Tourist Information Office 0.1 km
Tromsø Airport 4 km
In the nearby area
Aurora Photo Tour with Professional Photographer - Creative VacationsSee & Do, Activities Winter, Northern Lights, Northern Lights Hunt, in a small group (>16 persons), Visit Norway, Listings, Attraction & Culture, Northern Lights0 mFrom 1 500 NOKJoin Creative Vacations for a night adventure chasing the Aurora and learning...
Puppy Training – Tromsø VillmarkssenterSee & Do, Activities Summer, Dog-related tours, Husky Visit, Hiking, Visit Norway, Listings, Family Fun, Family Activities, The Great Outdoors, Summer Activities1 mFrom 990 NOKJoin in on the most fun part of our job and help take our little puppies out ...
Reindeer Feeding and Sami History – Tromsø Arctic ReindeerSee & Do, Activities Winter, Sami Experiences, Other Sami Experiences1 mFrom 1 090 NOKJoin Sami guides for an unforgettable reindeer experience. After a 25-minute ...
Reindeer Sledding with Sami Culture - Tromsø LaplandSee & Do, Activities Winter, Sami Experiences, Reindeer Sledding1 mFrom 1 695 NOKTry reindeer sledding, the oldest form of transport in the north, with authen...
Sightseeing and Hike - Tromsø OutdoorSee & Do, Activities Winter, Fjord Excursions, Hiking1 mFrom 895 NOKNo snow? No problem. Waiting for the snow to come join our easy sightseei...
Sami Culture and Feeding the Reindeer – Tromsø LaplandSee & Do, Activities Summer, City & Culture, Visit My Home, Sami Experiences1 mFrom 790 NOKVisit us and our reindeer at Tromsø Lapland camp. You will meet an authentic ...