Reindeer Sledding and Northern Lights – Tromsø LaplandDate: Wednesday 21 feb 2018 - Sunday 15 Apr 2018 Show map
Try reindeer sledding, the oldest means of transportation in the north, with authentic Sami guides from the small family-run company Tromsø Lapland - while you look out for the Northern Lights at the same time.
Enjoy the peace and quiet from the nature around as you relax on the gently reindeer-pulled sled. Imagine if you are lucky to witness the Aurora borealis dancing above while sitting on a sled behind a qute, furry reindeer. According to Sami people, the northern lights have a sound. Sit quiet and listen - maybe you can hear it too! The natural wonders can sometimes be predicted but never guaranteed. The lack of urban light pollution allows you to thoroughly enjoy the splendors of the night sky.
After the sledding adventure you can enjoy a traditional hot Sami meal, see and learn about Sami artifacts and hear stories and joik (traditional Sami chanting). The camp is established and run by only authentic Sami people with long reindeer herding traditions. By taking part in this evening excursion we hope you will be charmed by the fascinating reindeer and find that you love our gentle but curious creatures just like we do - Our true hero in the Arctic.
* If conditions change, we keep the right to amend the duration of the reindeer sledding.
* All animals used for these services are trained for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others.
* The sledding takes place as a "raid" where each reindeer and sled are bound together in a long row with the lead reindeer in the front.
* Sleds are shared, two participants on one sled.
* Alternative: The Reindeer Sledding is subject to snow and when there is not enough snow we offer Reindeer Feeding and Sami Culture instead (NOK 995 per person)
Number of participants: 2-32
Not suitable for wheel-chair.
Duration: 4-5 hours
• Scenic transfers (45 min each way)
• Knowledgable English-speaking Sami guide
• Thermal winter suit, warm boots, hat and mittens
• Reindeer sledding (approx. 25-30 min)
• Storytelling and joik
• Hot traditional Sami meal (bidos) and hot drinks. Vegetarian option available on request.
What to bring:
Latest meeting time and place: 17:50 (5.50pm) at Radisson BLU Hotel, Sjøgata 7
Departure time and place: 18:00 (6pm) from Radisson BLU Hotel
21 – 31 March
Meeting time and place: 18:50 (6.50pm) at Radisson BLU Hotel
Departure time and place: 19:00 (7pm) from Radisson BLU Hotel
After getting picked up at the departure location you will head on to the scenic landscapes at the edge of Tromsø, almost 50 km from the city centre. This mountainous area close to the Lyngen Alps is home to magnificent coastal sceneries and idyllic villages.
Book now - choose start date and product
About this activity
Phone booking+47 918 57 635
Contact person email
FacilitiesFamily-friendly Warm clothing
Eat & Drink on siteTea/coffee/biscuit included Meal included
Price from1495 NOK
Price informationper adult Child (0-12): 750 NOK
Tromsø Tourist Information Office 0.1 km
Tromsø Airport 4 km
In the nearby area
This brand new apartment in Tromsø centre - Local LivingRooms & Apartments, Accommodation148 mThis modern, luxurious apartment is the perfect stay for your time in Tromsø....
Luxury apartment in Tromsø centre - Local LivingRooms & Apartments, Accommodation654 mBecause vacation is about comfort! This apartment is for you who seeks comfo...
Luxury apartment in Tromsø city - Local LivingRooms & Apartments, Accommodation714 mLocated just a few steps from the city centre this high-end, spacious and ful...
Big Luxurious apartment in Tromsø city - Local LivingRooms & Apartments, Accommodation818 mBig luxurious apartment with great location. This newly renovated apartment h...