Visit Tromsø-Region AS is responsible for forwarding your booking to the relevant supplier. It is the supplier’s responsibility to provide the activity, rental equipment or accommodation in line with your booking. We will ensure you receive relevant information before your arrival/tour, and will contact you in the event of any major changes or cancellation of your booking. The agreement may apply to accommodation, an activity, product, service or a combination of these.
Terms and conditions
Your booking is confirmed when you receive a confirmation e-mail with a booking reference number. We recommend all our guests to print this confirmation and bring it with you when you arrive for your stay/tour. A minimum age of 18 applies to make a booking through Visit Tromsø-Region AS. It is also possible to book by phone or e-mail, but a service charge of NOK 250 per booking applies.
Payment and security
The payment is processed at the time of booking. Visit Tromsø-Region AS is responsible for the actual transaction, and for ensuring that the correct amount is charged to your card. We will contact you in the event of problems with your credit card. If we are unable to make contact, your booking will be cancelled. All personal data/credit card information is handled on an encrypted site (SSL 128 bit), so all information provided is secure. Only Visit Tromsø-Region AS and the supplier of the relevant product will have access to your name and contact details. This will be used so we can inform you of any changes/cancellation and may be used for various market surveys.
Cancellation/changes by the guest
To cancel or change your booking, please contact Visit Tromsø-Region. All cancellations must be sent via e-mail to [email protected].
For cancellations less than 7 days prior to arrival, please contact both the supplier and Visit Tromsø-Region AS.
Visit Tromsø has no control over the exchange rate that will be calculated for refunds to credit cards and is not responsible for any loss incurred.
Please note that Visit Tromsø-Region AS does not pay any bank fees incurred for international transfers. This fee (approx. NOK 50 NOK per international transfer) will be deducted from the amount to be refunded.
The following cancellation fees/deadlines apply:
- A full refund is provided for cancellations made more than 14 days prior to the arrival date/tour date
- 50% of the total amount is refunded for cancellations made 7-14 days prior to the arrival date/tour date
- No refund is provided for cancellations made less than 7 days prior to the arrival date/tour date
- Any changes made by the guest are regarded as a cancellation. Some suppliers and partners have other terms of cancellation than those mentioned above. This applies particularly to the booking of airline tickets, accommodation and rental cars. In such cases, the terms and conditions will be displayed at the time of booking.
Special terms of cancellation for bike rentals
- Cancellations received within 1 hour of booking or more than 60 days prior to the rental/activity date: full refund
- Cancellations received 31-59 days prior to the rental/activity date: 75% refund
- Cancellations received within 8 - 30 days prior to the rental/activity date: 50% refund
- Cancellations received less than 8 days prior to the rental/activity date: no refund
Special conditions for booking of accommodation:
Check-in and check-out:
The check-in time is 15.00 (3pm) on the arrival date. The room must be vacated by 12.00 on the departure date. The room is reserved until 18.00 (6pm) on the arrival date. If you plan to arrive later, you must notify the accommodation provider in advance.
Liability for damages
The guest, or the guarantor for the room/apartment/cabin, is liable for any damages resulting from negligent or reckless behaviour by the guests.
We recommend all our guests to ensure they have good insurance before commencing their trip in case of illness, lost luggage, accident, liability, etc.
We are responsible for ensuring that our suppliers receive payment for the product(s) you book via us. Our suppliers are responsible for ensuring that every aspect of their programme, including complete insurance, permits, equipment, staff etc., complies with the current legislation and regulations applicable for the supplier.
Cancellations/major changes from our side
Cancellations or major changes may occur due to:
- conditions that are beyond our/our supplier’s control, e.g. weather, accidents/breakdowns, strikes etc.
- conditions for the booking not being met, e.g. minimum number of participants etc. A minimum of two full-priced participants applies for most trips, but this may increase to a minimum of six full-priced participants for boat trips. In the event of this type of cancellation/major change, if you do not accept the alternative provided, we will provide a 100% refund. However, in the interests of ensuring the best possible experience for you, we reserve the right to make minor adjustments due to weather, snow conditions etc. Visit Tromsø has no control over the exchange rate that will be calculated for refunds to credit cards and is not responsible for any loss incurred. Please note that Visit Tromsø-Region AS does not pay any bank fees incurred for international transfers, and that such fees are deducted from the amount to be refunded.
Please contact Visit Tromsø-Region AS by phone or e-mail for groups bookings.
The supplier determines the price level and the age limits applicable for children’s and youth discounts. Student discount: a valid student card must be presented. Senior discount: applicable for guests aged 67 and over with valid ID. Relevant documentation must be presented on arrival.
Claims, complaints etc.
Please note than any claims or complaints related to specific products must be directed to the supplier concerned. Visit Tromsø-Region AS is not responsible for the individual products. Visit Tromsø-Region AS is only responsible for forwarding your booking to the supplier, who is in turn responsible for providing the activity, accommodation or rental equipment in line with your booking. It is the supplier’s responsibility to ensure that safety and provision of the product is in line with the product description.
We welcome you to Tromsø, and wish you a stay filled with Arctic experiences!