The municipality of Tromsø and the authorities in general need assistance from all businesses and individuals to prevent further corona infection. This requires compliance with quarantine regulations, as well as focusing on hand washing, cleaning and spacing of at least one meter between all persons at all times. The police have the authority to impose sanctions on those who do not comply.
Impact on your business
For those who provide activities in the tourism industry, the new regulations mean that tours, products or experiences cannot be delivered to people who are in quarantine. This means that all trips with people who have arrived in Norway after 27 February must be cancelled. The provisions apply from today's date until the regulations are repealed.
In accordance with the Guidelines for Infectious Diseases, all activities for tourism businesses should be stopped immediately.
The municipality of Tromsø appreciates your understanding and assistance during this crisis. The government guidelines are being updated on a regular basis, so we ask everyone to keep themselves updated.
The municipality of Tromsø refers to quarantine regulations adopted by the Cabinet on March 13, 2020. The regulations have several provisions that affect tourism companies, and the municipality expects that all businesses comply with the regulations. Some of the points in the new rules that apply from March 13, 2020 are:
• Persons arriving in Norway from countries other than Sweden or Finland shall stay in quarantine for 14 days after arrival in Norway. This provision also applies to persons arriving in Norway from Sweden or Finland and who have stayed in other countries during the past 14 days.
• Quarantine orders have been introduced by Tromsø Municipality with immediate effect for travelers from Oslo, Agder, Rogaland, Viken, Vestfold and Telemark, Innlandet and Vestland. The Public health officer of Municipality of Tromsø emphasizes that Tromsø has a special responsibility to reduce the risk of infection by the coronavirus in northern Norway.
• A person in quarantine must reside in their own home or other suitable place of residence. The person can only stay outside the home or place of residence if close contact with other persons is avoided.
The municipality of Tromsø also refers to previous advice on quarantine from the Norwegian Institute of Public Health and the Directorate of Health, which still applies:
• Everyone who has been traveling in countries outside Norway, Sweden and Finland since 27 February 2020 must be in quarantine for 14 days after returning home. This has retroactive effect. This means that if you came from abroad outside Sweden and Finland after Thursday 27 February, the quarantine is valid 14 days from the date of arrival
• Close contacts to people who have been diagnosed with Covid-19 should also be quarantined for 14 days
Tromsø Municipality Public Health Officer