Norway has started to re-open, and we are happy to welcome more people to visit us. We are still not back to normal, so make sure your to check which restrictions your country has to follow when travelling to Norway.
- The Institute of Public Health and The Norwegian Health Department has updated information on rules and restrictions in regards to travels to Norway.
- The areas that are exempt from quarantine duty may change rapidly.
For more information you can visit these pages:
You can also contact your embassy for more information.
If you are experiencing symptoms like fever, sore throat, chest pain and breathing difficulties while in Norway, please stay in your hotel room / apartment and contact hotel guest service by telephone. Only contact the 24-hour Norwegian medical service at (+47) 116117 if you are in need of medical assistance.
Don't go to the hospital yourself, contact the service number and explain your situation. This is the best and most effective way to receive competent and prompt help.
Extraordinary measures in Tromsø
There are no closures on the public transport network at the moment. Due to rapid changes in restrictions from the government we advice you to contact us in regards to opening hours for restaurants, bars and shops as they may not be operating normally.
We encourage everyone to check the websites of individual attractions, businesses and organisers for updated information.
To avoid the spread of the virus, make sure you:
• Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds using soap and warm water. Use hand sanitiser if you do not have access to water.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue (not your hands) when sneezing or coughing, or cough into your elbow.
• Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces to reduce the risk of spreading germs.
• Keep distance of one meter to other people.
You can find all the tips to avoid the spreading of the virus at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health’s website.
Notice to travellers who have made bookings via www.visittromso.no
Guests are hereby reminded of Visit Tromsø-Region AS’ booking Terms and Conditions regarding cancellation fees and deadlines:
- A full refund is provided for cancellations made more than 3 days prior to the arrival date/tour date
- No refund is provided for cancellations made 0-2 days prior to the arrival date/tour date
Any changes made by the guest are regarded as a cancellation.
Some suppliers and partners have other terms of cancellation than those mentioned above. This applies particularly to the booking of airline tickets, accommodation and rental cars. In such cases, the terms and conditions will be displayed at the time of booking.
Should you need to cancel your booking, kindly inform us on [email protected].
It is appreciated that you also inform the provider by email if you are cancelling less than 14 days before the tour date.
We are available for digital advice, or you can visit us in the Tourist Information office in Tromsø.