Tromsø Dog Sledding - afternoon
Breivikeidet is located only 45 minutes’ drive from Tromsø, at the gateway to the Lyngen-Alps. This area gives you stunning views over the majestic mountain peaks (up to 1400 meters!) and the fjord at the same time!
Our tour involves 60-75 minutes of dogsledding in a thrilling ride along tree-lined trails and through open terrain. A briefing on how to handle the sled will be given before the trip. It’s not that hard, as the dogs are eager to run and follow the team in front of them. During the ride, you will be the musher and a part of a team together with your dogs. Your travelling partner will be sitting on the sled, and you switch positions halfway. Our guides will lead groups of 3-4 guest teams each. If you are a single person, you may be teamed up with another single person or one of our guides.
After the adventure, we head inside to warm up by the fireplace and get hot drinks and cookies served. We will tell you the story about the Alaska Huskies and the daily life of our 4-legged friends.
- In this area, we offer also Reindeer & Sami Experiences and our Lyngen Snowmobile Safari.
- Alternative dog sledding product in the Tamok valley: Husky Safari at Tamok Valley - 7 hours
Included in this adventure:
- Return scenic transfers by comfortable coach (45 minutes each way)
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guides
- 1 to 1.15 hour of self-drive dog sledding (2 guests per sled)
- Thermal winter suits, winter boots, socks, gloves and hats
- Hot drinks (chocolate, coffee and tea) and sweet snack
- Pick-up/drop-off from Tromsø Lodge & Camping when pre-booked (dep. 11 am)
- Length of the tour is 4,5 hours
- Meeting point is Radisson Hotel BLU
Meeting time and place: 11.30 (am) at Radisson BLU Hotel
NB: PLEASE CHECK IN AT OUR HOSPITALITY DESK AT RADISSON BLU HOTEL
If you leave from Tromsø Lodge & Camping: 11:00 (am) at the reception of Tromsø Lodge & Camping (choose during your booking)
Number of participants: 2-30
Level of difficulty: Medium. We do not recommend this activity when pregnant, since the tracks can be uneven. Suitable for guests between 12 to 70 years old or fit people above 70 years old. Weight restrictions of 110 kilos per person.
When can I book it?
Show 96 more occasions (of 123)