Experience the Midnight Sun in Tromsø
The midnight sun is a natural phenomenon that occurs in the summer months north of the Arctic Circle or south of the Antarctic Circle. As the earth is rotating at a tilted axis relative to the sun, the North Pole is angled towards our star. This is the reason why the sun never sets above the Arctic Circle.
Norway is often referred to as “Land of the Midnight Sun”, and for good reason. From the end of May till the end of July we have the midnight sun season here in Tromsø. And with this, we have the perfect excuse to stay up – all night long.
The people of Tromsø takes advantage of the light days and nights. We often do mountain hiking, biking and spend time with good friends and family throughout the long summer nights. A lot of our activity providers will bring you on guided tours to experience the midnight sun – maybe you want to go by RIB, boat or drive along the fjords?
Find your midnight sun adventure here
This is why you should safely book your next adventure via Visit Tromsø:
- You can cancel your booking up to three days before your activity takes place, with a full refund.
- We have a price guarantee. It is not more expensive to book through us than via our partners directly.
- We always strive to be a good host for our guests.
- We are the only official Tourist Information Centre in the Tromsø region, and our partners are professional organizers who deliver high-quality experiences.
- All profits go into destination development. We continuously work to develop the Tromsø region in a sustainable direction, in harmony with nature and the local community. Any surplus is not paid out to the owners of the company.