The Tromsø pass is your ticket to experiencing Tromsø. It gives you entry to several of Tromsø’s museums and attractions, as well as bus tickets.
Day pass includes: Entry to the Cable Car, the Polar Museum, Tromsø Museum, Polaria, The Science Centre of Northern Norway, the Arctic Cathedral and bus ticket*.
Half day pass includes: Entry to the Cable Car, the Polar Museum, the Arctic Cathedral, Magic Ice and bus ticket*.
Culture pass includes: Entry to the Cable Car, the Polar Museum, Tromsø Museum, Polaria, Magic Ice, the Arctic Cathedral, the Art Museum of Northern Norway, the Science Centre of Northern Norway and bus ticket*.
Family pass includes: Entry to the Cable Car, the Polar Museum, Tromsø Museum, Polaria, the Science Centre of Northern Norway and bus ticket*. Remember to get a "Tromsø expert"-pass to participate in the run of becoming Tromsø's smartest (available summer of 2020).
The Tromsø pass can be bought at the Tourist Information Centre. You find us on the 2nd floor of Prostneset Harbour Terminal in Samuel Arnesens gate 5.
*The duration of a bus ticket is 24 hours for the day pass and half day pass. Duration for culture pass and family pass is 7 days. Bus tickets can be used on all city buses.
*Please note that the Tromsø Pass might be sold out due to high demand, and will in that case not be available for purchase.
Terms of conditions
We recommend reading the conditions of use carefully before you use your Tromsø Pass.
- The Tromsø Pass will not be refunded or replaced if unused, activated, lost or stolen.
- The Tromsø Pass applies for children up to 17 years old, adults, and seniors aged 67 or more.
- The Tromsø Pass folder and tickets must be validated in the attractions provided. The tickets can only be used once at each attraction. Visit Tromsø is not responsible for closed attractions due to technical issues and/or weather.
- The bus card included in the Tromsø Pass will be activated on the bus upon first use, and will expire after 24 hours or 7 days (depending on the pass you have bought). The user is responsible for making sure the bus ticket is valid for the entire journey and also bring a valid ID. Failure to produce this on request may lead to a fine.
- Some attractions and public transportation have limited opening hours during Christmas and Easter and on public holidays. The user is responsible for checking the opening hours and availability before purchasing the Tromsø Pass, to make sure the places you want visit, are open.
- All information during tours and guiding during activities is given in English, unless otherwise specified.